The first library was established in Terrace in 1929. It was located in several locations over the years until it found its permanent home in 1967 at its present location in Lower Little Park.
The library is operated by the Board of Trustees of the Terrace Public Library Association and funded through grants from the City of Terrace, the Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine and the Government of British Columbia.
The Killer Whale design is carved into a rock at Kitselas Canyon on the Skeena River near Terrace. It is believed that the stone drawing or petroglyph is 10,000 years old and predates contemporary native settlement by approximately 50 centuries.
Special thanks to the Kitselas band for permission to use the Killer Whale design as our logo.